We love what we do,
it's a way of life.
Our global network of specialists shares an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better. We possess an inclusive group of individuals with an array of skills and expertise. We provide capacity building, strategic communications, management and technical assistance, applied research, performance monitoring, and procurement assistance to clients and partners worldwide.
Recent graduates and seasoned professionals are welcome at our organization. Our recruiters work hard to seek talent with a diversity of skills and backgrounds so that we are strategically positioned to offer value and be more effective in our work.
5 + Years of ExperienceApply Now!Hot
We are currently seeking a Costing and Budget Officer in the Finance department.
S/He will lead in the creation of budgets and cost applications for Idmibok Internationals existing programs and will also work on the financial component of Idmibok Internationals proposals to secure funding from donor agencies.
• Prepares budgets and cost applications as needed for Global Fund, USAID, CDC and other donor solicitations, including budget narratives and related cost documents;
• Reviews solicitations to identify cost proposal issues to be clarified and/or addressed;
• Develops cost proposal schedules, formats excel templates, conducts pricing research and prepares supplemental cost documents needed for submission;
• Develops pricing strategies, provides cost/pricing input, and resolves issues as needed;
• Conducts quality assurance checks on budgets;
• Participates in meetings and interacts with the new business team throughout the proposal development process;
• Works with proposal partners, negotiates costs and budgets, and coordinates overall process;
• Writes concise budget narratives and responds to final budget questions when needed;
• Ensures all compliance requirements are met within each cost proposal and related cost documents;
• Prepares budgets for final review and approval;
• Assists other team members when needed.
• Assists the program implementation teams to review, revise, realign budgets and prepare requests for donors for budget modifications;
• Works closely with Idmibok International's Finance team to develop templates, conduct training for staff, and mentor Program Management teams to entrench sophisticated budgeting and pricing skills within the team;
• Participates in developing and implementing effective training programs in financial management and compliance.
• Attends and engages in regular new business development meetings, compliance and program practice area meetings as relevant;
• Participates in assigned working groups, summits, sessions, and other such activities;
• Develops and maintains constructive working relations within and between Idmibok International departments;
• Work with finance and accounting unit to prepare for annual statutory and donors audits
• Excellent finance and accounting knowledge and must be able to manage and supervise finances of a state office.
• Should be able reconcile accounts and manage both receivable and payable accounts
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field, and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID, DFID, CDC requirements, and other donors
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Demonstrated familiarity with pricing under both acquisition and assistance instruments.
- Demonstrated familiarity with sophisticated budgeting tools, approaches, processes and procedures.
- Robust multi-tasking skills, organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy under time pressure and on short deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to conduct research, handle routine tasks, as well as the problem-solving and resourcefulness for more complex and substantive work.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Costing and Budget Officer”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.